Friday, February 17, 2006

Philosophy, Chelsea, Colchester, and Barcelona

I wrote for a spell this morning. Then I went out to lunch. My mind turned to philosophical matters related to the current state of the world.

Now, I'm home and thinking about football. English Premier League leader Chelsea plays Colchester this weekend in the FA Cup competition. Chelsea, one of the world's best teams, is running at 1.10 to win. That means you win a dime for every dollar wagered. I cannot imagine Chelsea not winning, so a dime sounds like an OK deal.

Chelsea plays Barcelona in a few days in the first leg of the round of 16 in the European Champions League competition. Barcelona is one of the best football clubs in the world too. What if Chelsea is looking past Colchester to Barcelona and manage only a draw?

Despite all that, I think I'll try to pick up some dimes, and then get back to thinking about philosophy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home