Sunday, February 26, 2006

Because they had no category for marxist, we are not surprised

Marxist, yes. But what kind of marxist when you get down to cases?

A quiz at Advocates for self-government:

ACCORDING TO YOUR ANSWERS,

The political description that
fits you best is....

LIBERAL

LIBERALS usually embrace freedom of choice in personal matters, but tend to support significant government control of the economy. They generally support a government-funded "safety net" to help the disadvantaged, and advocate strict regulation of business. Liberals tend to favor environmental regulations, defend civil liberties and free expression, support government action to promote equality, and tolerate diverse lifestyles.

The RED DOT on the Chart shows where you fit on the political map.



Your PERSONAL issues Score is 90%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 30%

5 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I'm a notch down and a notch left.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Anvilcloud,

You are more radical than I am. Don't get yourself arrested!

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger curtis said...

I got tagged Libertarian. I don't know how. I've been tagged "liberal" "conservative" and "centrist" before on other quizzes. I can't tell whether my opinions are just too flexible or I overanalyze the questions themselves.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Curtis,

Your result surprises me a little too. I would have predicted you on the border of centrist and conservative.

When I do these Internet quizzes, I just go with my gut without thinking about it. My answers always situate me pretty far to the left and towards the libertarian.

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger -epm said...

I scored 80% personal / 30% economic. Compared to you guys am a vein-popping right wing nut. :)

The questions were few and broad. On the personal front I had two "maybes": No military draft and no prohibitions on drugs. I'm not completely convince that an all volunteer army is the healthiest option in a democracy, where the armed services may not represent an accurate cross-section of the general public and this could lead to (if it hasn't already) social divisions between a warrior class and the broader public.

As for drugs, I think it still OK to have the FDA approve or ban drugs that are shown to have profound negative side effects. The key here is to set a high bar and err on the side of civil liberties; to regulate wisely and not through a presumption of puritanical "wisdom."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home