Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sweet Dreams

I tried to watch football and read this afternoon. I mostly dozed instead. Each time I nodded off I had a sweeter and more vivid dream. The last dream was populated with large numbers of people and places spanning a 40 year period. It was filled with a collage of people I knew well or only knew by sight and reputation. Most of them were women, but none of the dream was erotic. I should write down the details of the dream before they escape me. I don't feel the need. Most of my life is a waking dream and suffices for detail and absurdity.

As I look out the window I see that Video Schmideo, the hole-in-the-wall video store on State Street, is closed with its windows papered over. The pleasant memories of my dreams are replaced by a slight sadness and nostalgia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home