Sunday, January 01, 2006

Play Clean in 2006

My first act as a human being in 2006 was to wash two loads of laundry before sunrise. Don't laugh. It wasn't as easy as you think. I had to get dressed to go down to the laundry room. The early bird gets a washer and a dryer.

As we all know Germany will be hosting the World Cup Soccer tournament this Summer. Here are the current wagering favorites to win the whole shebang. We do it at State Street so you don't have to.

1) Brazil 3-1
2) Argentina 13-2
3) England 7-1
4) Germany 8-1
5) Holland 9-1
5) Italy 9-1
7) France 10-1
8) Spain 16-1
9) Portugal 20-1

I'm really liking Germany at 8-1 on their home soil. I'm tempted to put my futures wager on them today at those odds. They aren't going to get any longer. In the words of the immortal Gabby Hayes, "ya durn tootin'."

The USA is running at 80-1. They are going to be my long shot wager as the tournament gets nearer. Hook 'Em Yankees!

I'm planning on being real aggressive the rest of the day. I have not shaved in about five days, so I will try my hand at that to see if I still remember how to do it.

I have wagers on three football games this afternoon. I will tip a few and watch my money bounce around the football field.

2 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger mrmississauga said...

I love the World Cup of Soccer, I sure was hoping that Canada would be respresented. You would think that United States and Canada could field some of the best teams as a lot of families emmigrate to both countries from around the world. I guess some of it has to do with the passion as for Canada our passion is Hockey and Lacross, the United States is Football and Baseball, just my opinion though.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

mrmississisauga,

I think you are right on. Soccer is big in our high schools in the states. But the other sports grab the spotlight at the pro level.

I've been following the English Premier League this year because I get a TV station devoted to soccer. It's been fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home