Sunday, September 25, 2005

Washington D. C., 1998

I visited Washington D. C. in 1998 the week the Starr Report came out. I happened to be walking away the Capital Building while Clinton's legal team was walking in to receive the Starr report. I remarked to my friend, "looks like they are going to the woodshed." I got an appreciative smile from one of the attorneys who overheard me.

The next day, I was standing in line to take the White House tour. Everybody in line was reading the WaPo copy of the report for the spicy, juicy parts.

A couple and their two young children were standing in line behind me. The husband asked, "do you think it's worth the wait to get in?" His wife said, "No, there's nothing in there but a desk and a box of cigars. Let's go." Ouch!

I wonder what people standing in line are saying now in light of the National Enquirer story that President Bush is "boozing" again. (NE's word not mine.) "Let's go. There's nothing in there but a desk and a case of bourbon."

Ah, for the good old days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home