Thursday, March 03, 2005

Martin and the Editor

EDITOR’S OFFICE – DAY

Just an office with a desk, bookshelves filled with books, and a small table for meetings.

The EDITOR and MARTIN sit across the table from each other. The editor massages a manuscript.

EDITOR: You do not write well.

MARTIN: I have my following.

EDITOR: Part of your following is a captive audience, which could wither if you should fall out of fashion.

MARTIN: Profound thought cannot be made more simple than the demands of its ideas.

EDITOR: Yes, so I have been told. What I am talking about is clarity though.

MARTIN: My colleagues and students seem to understand it.

EDITOR: Yes, so you keep saying. Let’s publish it as it is. It’ll make money. You are on roll, at least for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home